In 2018 California passed the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA").
Under the CCPA California residents may be afforded certain rights regarding a business' use of a consumer's personal information. These rights include:
- The right to request a business disclose what categories and specific pieces of personal information have been collected by the business as well as the sources of that information;
- The right to opt out of the sale of personal information to a third party;
- The right to request deletion of personal information collected from the consumer;
- The right to know the categories of third parties with whom personal information is shared;
- The right to know the categories of information that are sold or disclosed for a business purpose to third parties;
- The right to know the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The right to reach out to a supervisory authority; and
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any rights under the CCPA.
A detailed list of the categories of PII that have been collected in the past 12 months, as well as the sources for those categories, can be found above in Section 2. Personally Identifiable and Other Information Collected by Us. For specific inquiries about the information collected about yourself please make a verifiable consumer request, as discussed below.
You can learn more about the business purposes for collecting PII above in Section 3. How We Use and Share Your Personally Identifiable Information. We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. A detailed explanation of the categories of information that we disclose for a business purpose can be found in Section 3. How We Use and Share Your Personally Identifiable Information above.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Distribution partners.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
In order for us to carry out a request for information, you or your authorized agent must make a verifiable consumer request. This means, if you make a request for information, you may be required to provide additional information so that we may verify your identity. In exercising your rights under the CCPA, the disclosure will cover the 12 month period preceding the request. You may only make requests to us twice in a 12-month period.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please submit a verifiable consumer request to datarequest@weathergroup.
We do not sell your personal information.
- Hits: 591